Thursday, October 7, 2010

Drifiting

This is an older one, I wrote it close to a year ago I think, I just haven't shared it with anyone yet. I didn't like it all that much when I wrote it, but now that I read it again in a different state of mind, I rather enjoy it:

Drifting,
Pining,
Wandering endlessly through this monotonous life.
Every day expecting something to change,
Yet every day I’m no closer to what I desire.

Trudging,
Seeking,
Trying to find something in this place that can lift my heavy spirits.
Not knowing what I need,
Or even exactly what I want.
Only knowing that something is missing,
Something vital that disappeared.

I see so much happiness all around me,
Everything I need, I have,
But I can’t settle for what I need,
I have to chase what I want,
I have to find that last thing that my heart desires.

I’ve already been given so much more than I could ever ask for,
Yet I find the words to say I want more.
This ache inside me demands more,
But I can’t name what it is!

And the light turns on,
And I know what my heart desires.

Stopping,
Staring,
Numbly watching as she drifts further away.
Wanting more than anything to cry out for her to stop,
Knowing that it would do no good.
Powerless to stop it as my everything
Leaves me behind.

2 comments: